Artist Call: Young People Engagement, Yorkshire Artspace
- Closes4th March 2019
- LocationYorkshire, Sheffield
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts
- ContactRachael Dodd firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkshire Artspace is seeking applications from visual artists/makers based in Sheffield City Region to deliver a project in their Persistence Works Gallery in Jun-Jul 2019 with a focus on co-production/engagement with young people.
Selected artist will be offered;
- £1,500 fee for showing new work in the gallery
- £1,000 for engagement sessions with young people
- £1,200 for production/installation costs
- plus other budget held by Yorkshire Artspace towards invigilation, tech support, marketing and mentoring
The nature of this brief requires someone with experience and understanding of the safeguarding and risk assessment requirements associated with this kind of participatory practice. Applications can be made by individual artists, or from a group where different roles could be delivered by people with the necessary skills and experience.
Brief & Applcaiton Form avaible here:
DEADLINE 10am Monday 4 March 2019.
All proposed projects must;
- be public facing
- be delivered in the allocated 8 week slots (6-weeks delivery plus 2 weeks set up/take down)
- develop artists’ practice
- engage/involved young people
- develop audiences’ experience and understanding of visual art
interviews will take place on 12 March between 9.30am-2.30pm