Keeper of Collections, Crafts Council
- Closes10th March 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- ContactOlivia Hathorn firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Scale: c. £39,000 p.a. (pro rata)
The Crafts Council Collections have sat at the heart of the organisations activities since its founding in 1971. The Collections have always been used widely in loans, education and exhibitions. In 2019, the organisation is preparing to open the Pentonville Road as a public venue first time since 2005. This is central to the delivery of the new 4 year business plan, which also includes the ambition to increase the number of loans to 25% of the collection on display during a year.
The Keeper plays a pivotal role in the development of both the collection, and the ambitious programme to increase its visibility and reach.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Ensure the welfare of the Crafts Council’s collections promoting them and making them accessible for loan, research and inclusion in Crafts Council events and activities.
- Be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining collections development policies and procedures and ensuring best practice so that the collections continue to grow, are well managed, and accurately documented with rights cleared associated assets.
- Provide strategic direction for the maintenance and development of the Collections and Asset Management System, including Collections Online, against the Council’s overall collection strategy as outlined in the Business Plan.
- Develop and deliver innovative collections management projects which meet these needs. Lead and motivate the Collections team to ensure the main collections management tasks are implemented and embedded into work plans.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for the role please submit a copy of your CV along with a Supporting Statement explaining what attracts you to work at the Crafts Council and provide evidence of how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job.
Send your application to email@example.com by 10th March 2019. Interviews are likely to be held w/c 25th March 2019.