Gallery Administrator/Registrar, Ancient Art Gallery
- Closes29th March 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ArtformOther, visual arts, Galleries
An established Mayfair gallery specialising in ancient art is looking for a highly organised Gallery Administrator/Registrar who can start immediately. The person in this role will be involved in many different aspects of the gallery’s operations, but the role will mainly involve:
- Handling all license applications (export, CITES, OFAC, etc.) as well as obtaining Art Loss Registry certificates for pieces.
- Invoicing and payment post sale.
- Coordinating shipping (both inbound and outbound) and packing of artworks.
- Updating clients regarding the shipping of their property and acting as a point of contact for clients regarding shipping, payment or any other post sale queries.
- Overseeing auction house consignments as well as purchases made at auction.
- Assisting the gallery manager in managing the participation in local and international art fairs.
- Collaborating with other members of the gallery team in the production of catalogues.
- Further administrative tasks.
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a gallery, auction house or fine art shipping company preferred.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to take decisions and prioritise.
- Ability to work independently but also as a part of a busy team.
- Highly proficient in Word and Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in other languages, particularly French, Italian, German, considered an advantage.
This is a multi-tasking role in a small but busy gallery environment and a wonderful opportunity to acquire new skills and knowledge of ancient artefacts. You will be part of a welcoming atmosphere, and play an important role within the business.
Job Type: Full-time, subject to trial period.