Volunteer Coordinator, Migration Matters Festival
- Closes5th April 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactSam Holland firstname.lastname@example.org
Migration Matters Festival is a multi-discipline arts festival across Sheffield city centre celebrating the positive impact of migration on the city and the UK. (14th-22nd June)
Opportunity: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Theatre Delicatessen, Sheffield
Hours: Part Time for 6 weeks: 1-2 days a week for 6 weeks, then full-time from the 13th June. Hours may be dispersed across more days.
Start date: Monday 29th April, hours flexible.
Total Fee: £1800
Closing Date for applications: Friday 5th April
Interviews: Monday 8th April
- To source and manage a team of volunteers in a diverse range of jobs to work in the run up to and during the festival.
- To create volunteer schedules to enable the festival to run efficiently
- To establish partnerships with key organisations that coordinate volunteer schemes.
- To be the central point of call for all volunteer related jobs and issues
- To recruit volunteers for the following areas: social media, documentation (photography/video), stewarding, venue assistance, design, technical support, audience engagement (feedback/evaluation) and translation/interpretation.
- To plan and coordinate a volunteer schedule for each of the defined areas of need
- To oversee and manage volunteers during the festival (14th- 22nd June)
- Contacting and liaising with key organisations with volunteer coordinating departments
- Being responsible for a volunteer’s expenses budget.
- Communicating and working with the festival team to strategise effective use of volunteers during planning meetings.
- Previous or relevant (Festival/Art/ Theatre/Charity) volunteer coordinating experience is essential
- Good communication and written skills is essential
- Experience of overseeing a budget is desirable
- Experience of team leadership is essential
- Ability to work in a close team and have great interpersonal skills is essential
- A knowledge of issues relating to migration & the asylum process is desirable
If you wish to apply please send a copy of your CV accompanied by no more than 300 words explaining why you’d suit the role to Sam, the festival director, at email@example.com.