PR Manager, World Photography Organisation
- Closes12th April 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcombined arts, photography, visual arts
- ContactJill Cotton firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Photography Organisation is seeking to recruit a PR Manager to join its busy central London team. The role will primarily focus on securing press coverage for the annual editions of the Sony World Photography Awards and PHOTOFAIRS | Shanghai, but will also include a wider communications brief for the company.
With ideally 3-5 years PR experience in an arts-related role, we are looking for a highly organised and efficient team member who, under the supervision of the PR & Communications Director, can execute successful media campaigns across print, broadcast and online in the UK and overseas. Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines is vital and will need to be demonstrated.
The role will require proactive pitching to media and therefore proven established relationship with journalists within the arts field is preferred. Experience of working within an agency environment is desirable.
Excellent written and verbal skills are essential as you will lead on the creation of press materials across the company and will be the day-to-day contact for partners we work with across the world.
The PR Manager will also contribute to the development of the company’s PR and communications strategies and will be expected to self-manage once established within the role.
The position would specifically suit someone looking to develop significantly within a role.
You will report directly to the PR & Communications Director and throughout the year will be required to manage temporary staff in the PR team.
Key skills and experience
- 3-5 years press and / or communications experience in the arts
- Experience of proactive pitching and delivering media campaigns
- Exceptional verbal and written English
- High level organisation skills
- Team player
About the position
- Permanent full-time position
- Based at the Head Office in 9, Manchester Square W1U 3PL
- Salary expectation: £28,000 - £30,000 per year.
- Please apply via email with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 12 April