WAF Outdoor Event Manager, Enable Leisure and Culture
- Closes19th May 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts
- ContactLelia Greci firstname.lastname@example.org
Wandsworth Arts Fringe is a combined arts festival that takes places every year across the borough of Wandsworth. Open to anyone who wants to take part, the festival just keeps getting bigger and better, with everything from theatre, comedy and dance, to opera, visual art and circus.
WAF has secured funding from Arts Council England to deliver an exciting anniversary programme composed of 10 projects designed and delivered by artists and organisations that have played an important role in the festival over the past ten years. We need a free-lance Event Manager to deliver two of our outdoor events to the highest standards, on 3 and 11 May 2019.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with WAF artists regarding their technical and event requirements
- Process all necessary paperwork and liaise with Enable’s Events team
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics
- Recruit, brief and manage all appropriate staffing for the events
- Organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- Oversee the rigging and de-rigging of the event and clear the venue efficiently
- Troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and safely
- Attend a post-event debrief for evaluation purposes
The ideal candidate will be a resourceful, solution-focussed and reliable individual with extensive experience of working in the outdoor arts industry. With an excellent attention to details, you will be able to show initiative when working both independently and as part of a small team and work well under pressure. You need to be a confident and clear communicator, able to provide strong customer care and manage the team on the nights.
To apply for the post, please submit your CV and a brief statement (maximum two A4 side) describing your suitability for the position and specifically how your past experience matches the job description to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Tuesday 19th May at 12 noon
Start date: ASAP
Fee: £1,000 all inclusive