Art Club Leader (Art Teacher) Part Time, art-K Ashtead
- Closes1st April 2019
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, visual arts, Other, Fine Art
- ContactKathryn Harper firstname.lastname@example.org
We love teaching children new art skills; helping them gain in confidence and take the amazing results of their efforts back home and to school that changes people's impression of them, and their own self image. We believe art matters because it teaches children to compare and contrast, to see differences in shading, pattern or colour quickly, leaving more time for creativity and expression. We create fun, warm environments that help students engage with painting and exploring the differences in using acrylics, pastels, inks, oils etc to create different expression.
This is a part-time permanent position.
To teach art to children following the tried and tested art-K development program (full curriculum training provided).
Manage 3 art assistants who are your art-technicians who (for instance) teach the children under your direction, mix paints, provide materials, tidy up, organise drinks break etc.
Each session consists of
- 2 hours before the class starts, review each child’s current progress and sketch book, and plan their activities for the upcoming session. Layout books and materials; organise seating plans if needed.
- 30 minutes before the session, the art assistants will arrive and you will disseminate the children’s lesson plan to them so they understand what you’re looking for them to encourage the children to do, and provide materials as and when needed.
Full training in the programme is provided before starting. On-going coaching and training is provided as new projects are started.
Compensation and benefits
£10-£15 per hour according to experience. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday sessions 2pm-6pm.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic fine art graduate who is passionate about art, and children’s development. A creative/design eye is key.
To be successful, you need to be proactive, to be one step ahead of your team and children, keen to learn new technical skills and well organized. Previous experience with children is essential.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract