Senior Development Manager, Geffrye Museum
- Closes24th April 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformcrafts, interdisciplinary arts, museums, theatre, visual arts
- ContactKatherine Montague firstname.lastname@example.org
£38,000 - we will consider paying the full amount to an exceptional candidate who is only able to work 4 days.
It is a time for ambitious growth and development at the Geffrye, with a £18.1 million capital development project,Unlocking the Geffrye, to open up the Grade 1 listed building and period gardens to 50% more visitors each year and launch new spaces for innovative learning, leisure and creativity. We are currently in delivery stage with completion due in 2020.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for an exceptional fundraiser to join our high performing team. This is a career-shaping role for an innovative individual who enjoys working to financial targets and developing new business.
You will be responsible for developing corporate partnerships and securing major gifts from individuals. This is both a new business development and account-handling role. It’s not just desk based, we expect you to be meeting potential supporters face to face and recruiting new donors.
You will have a proven history of building effective, long-term, high-value philanthropic relationships resulting in major gifts. Agile, you will also be comfortable developing corporate partnerships.
You will have gained your fundraising experience within the arts and heritage sector.
Brimming with creative ideas that will inspire our existing supporters, you will enjoy planning new avenues of income generation and associated events. Risk taking, we want someone who is unafraid to try new approaches to fundraising.
A first class communicator, you will be responsible for engaging effectively with our supporters. A natural networker, you will relish opportunities to grow your network further.
What we offer
- Attractive DB pension scheme available
- 25 days’ holiday, rising to 30 days with 5 years’ service and 8 days bank holiday each year
- Affordable yoga classes on site.
- Staff discounts in our shop and café upon reopening.
- Beautiful working environment
- We have a reciprocal agreement with many leading museums and art galleries in London, that allow you to enter for free with your staff pass