Trustees, Site Gallery
- Closes13th May 2019
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactJudith Harry email@example.com
Site Gallery is Sheffield’s leading international contemporary art space, supporting artists specialising in moving image, new media and performance. Pioneering emerging and diverse art practices and ideas; we work with local, regional and international collaborators to nurture artistic talent and support the development of contemporary art. We connect people to artists and art, inspiring new thinking and debate through exhibitions, projects, public programmes and participation.
We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2019.
Join the Board
We are seeking new trustees to join the Board of the charity. Our Board is dynamic and diverse, passionate about the arts and active within local communities and the creative industries, commercial and voluntary sectors.
We are interested in hearing from people with skills, knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Arts and cultural leadership and artistic practice
- Diverse perspectives - e.g. under 25s and different cultural identities
- Different communities
- Public sector administration or fundraising
- Business leadership including HR and financial management
- Technology - particularly digital technology
We are seeking people who are enthusiastic about contemporary arts, culture, the city of Sheffield and who are able to commit themselves for a period of 3-6 years. Previous experience of Board membership is not required; induction and training is provided.
- Site Gallery actively encourages diversity across all areas of the organisation.
- We are an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation, a Registered Charity (5103220) and Company Limited by Guarantee (1495927)
- Board members are volunteers, although out of pocket expenses can be paid to ensure members can attend meetings.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website and download the Application Plack. Application is via CV and covering letter (2-pages max) outlining your motivation for applying, your contribution to the skills and networks we seek from our next cohort of trustees; and the training and development needs you think you’ll have if you are appointed.
Deadline for applications is midday on Monday 13 May 2019
Interviews are planned for June and July.