Step into Dance Freelance Dance Practitioner, Royal Academy of Dance
- Closes30th April 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactNancy Ng firstname.lastname@example.org
Step into Dance Freelance Dance Practitioners
Step into Dance is a Royal Academy of Dance programme run in partnership with the Jack Petchey Foundation. Delivered by a team of specialist dance practitioners, the programme offers young people a range of ways to get involved in dance through regular classes, projects, events and performances.
We are recruiting for Freelance Dance Practitioners that are available to teach across London and in Essex specialising in teaching all forms of Street dance, contemporary dance and cultural dance styles.
You will need:
- Skills and experience in one or more dance style;
- Experience of planning and delivering dance sessions and projects for young people;
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form effective relationships with stakeholders;
- Ability to engage and motivate young people with little or no dance experience.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- your own dance practice and/or professional dance performance or choreographic experience;
- knowledge of secondary school education system and/or working in SEND schools
- knowledge of relevant legislation for working with young people.
If you meet this criteria, we would love to hear from you! This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are reliable, professional and passionate in inspiring young people, and would like to contribute to the successful delivery of our programme.
Appointment to this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. You must be able to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.
To find out more about this role please visit www.royalacademyofdance.org./workwithus to view job description, person specification and Application Guidelines.
Completed application form should be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date of 30 April 2019 before midday.
Interview and Teaching Audition Day: 21 - 23 May 2019 from 9am – 6pm at RAD headquarters.
Successful applicants will be required to attend compulsory Training Days 16,17 & 18 July 2019. There will also be a compulsory training day in January 2020; details will be confirmed in due course.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.