Chair of Trustees, Artistic Directors of the Future
- Closes3rd June 2019
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformtheatre, Other, Leadership development
- ContactAnnette Corbett email@example.com
Artistic Directors of the Future is dedicated to creating change where it matters the most, at leadership level
Artistic Directors of the Future (ADF) seeks a dynamic, dedicated individual to become our new Chairperson. Following the great success of our flagship leadership programmes Up Next and Diversifying Boards, the Chairperson will join ADF as we embark on an exciting period of capacity development, national activity and growth.
ADF was founded in 2014 as the UK’s first organisation dedicated to creating change at leadership level in mainstream theatres. ADF works with a range of culturally diverse directors at varying levels of experience to inspire, support and empower the next generation of artistic leaders. By working with the theatre industry, academia and numerous leading producing theatres nationally and internationally, ADF delivers bespoke development programmes, generates access to positions of authority, and cultivates artistic opportunities.
An accomplished leader in your field, you will play a vital role in supporting ADF’s strategic direction and advocating for our work. Together ensuring that the activity we deliver continues to serve our mission and aims.
We particularly invite applications from people with skills in the following areas:
- The ability to engage business through high value networks of individuals and organisations that can support ADF’s work.
- Access to arts education and artistic practice and/or leadership development expertise and networks, national and international conferences, training, artistic practice and consultation.
- Capacity to bring new and specific sector business development knowledge, strategic advice and insight.
We are particularly interested in appointing an individual who has experience of organisational development in a business or cultural context. Applicants do not need direct experience in the arts but should share ADF’s commitment to a cultural sector that reflects the diversity of society, especially at decision making and leadership level.
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be appropriate for the role.
Deadline: 10am, Monday 3 June 2019
Interviews: Thursday 6 June 2019