Customer Service Assistant, Royal College of Music
- Closes23rd May 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, libraries, museums, music, theatre, Other, Customer Service
- ContactIsabella Enstrom firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Assistant
Estates & Facilities
Two vacancies available: One full time post (35 hours per week) and one part time post (16.5 hours per week at weekends)
Job ref no: 206-19
Salary: Grade 4; £23,020 - £25,285 per annum (the part time postholder will receive a pro rata entitlement). Appointments will normally be made to the first point of the grade.
Founded in 1882, the Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world-leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. The RCM was named top institution for performing arts in the UK for four consecutive years in the QS World University Rankings (2016–19).
The RCM is seeking to engage two Customer Service Assistants, to join the diverse Estates & Facilities team at the College. The post-holders will support the smooth running of the College by providing a professional service to greet and welcome all staff, students and visitors to the college. You will also assist with questions and enquiries in person, over the phone and by email; operate the switchboard, screening and directing calls to the appropriate person or department; take responsibility for specific administrative tasks, including post, taxis and couriers and assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment in the reception and front of house areas
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in customer service, front of house or a similar customer facing role
- Professional approach to customer service
- A positive and proactive attitude, and quick to respond to requests
- The ability to work as part of a busy team
- The ability to make considered decisions, and where necessary take emergency action
- Ability to deal with complaints and issues in an efficient and effective way.
These roles are offered on a permanent basis and are immediately available.
For full details of these roles and information about how to apply please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM website: www.rcm.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: 9am Thursday 23 May 2019
Interview date: Thursday 30 May 2019