Temporary Event Staff, Music For Youth
- Closes27th May 2019
- LocationWest Midlands
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactKate Gardner email@example.com
We are looking for a keen and enthusiastic young person to join our team and assist in running our National Festival, taking place in Birmingham from Wednesday 3 - Saturday 6 July 2019.
Music for Youth is a national youth arts charity working to provide young people aged 21 and under across the UK with free, life-changing performance and opportunities in music, regardless of background or musical style.
Thousands of the UK’s most gifted and talented young musicians are invited to perform at the MFY National Festival in Birmingham. Showcasing all types of music, the National Festival gives young musicians the chance to feel part of something bigger, showcase their talent and receive feedback from our Music Mentors. Held in top venues such as Birmingham Symphony Hall, Birmingham Town Hall, the CBSO Centre and the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, these vibrant celebrations will showcase an eclectic mix of musical styles.
What we are looking for:
- Aged 18 or over
- Able to commit to:
- Telephone interview during w/c 3 June
- 2 hour briefing on Tuesday 2 July
- At least 2 days availability between 3-6 July (times vary each day)
- Interested in a career in the creative industries and managing events
- Passion for music
- Experience of music/events work is an advantage, but not necessary
- Please note you may be required to undergo a DBS check
What you will gain from this:
- Working at a unique event combining live music and educational workshops
- Being part of the MFY team, having a key role in the smooth running of each day
- Working as an artist liaison, looking after groups and music mentors
- Assisting our event producers, learning about schedules, timing and liaising with technical/venue staff
- Learn about evaluation and help collect feedback
- Insight into organising events as part of a national arts organisation
- Hear some of the UK’s best musical talent
- Develop event management skills
- Receive references from experienced professionals
- National minimum wage for the event and briefing
Applications close Monday 27 May, 10am.
Please visit our vacancies page to learn more about our temporary staff roles and how to apply.