Dulwich events commissions - Call out for proposals, Southwark Council
- Closes24th June 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
Dulwich event commissions 2019/20
For over six years Southwark Council have worked with a local Dulwich partnership group comprising representatives from local organisations to create a series of new outdoor showcases that are unique, innovative, challenging and fun.
We are currently developing the Dulwich events programme for Summer/Winter 2019/20.
We are inviting creative project proposals from artists and companies that must achieve the following aims:
- Include a programme of inclusive and accessible participatory opportunities for the local residents and/or businesses
- Be inspiring, innovative and creative, demonstrating quality and excellence
- Respond to local heritage
- Have a commitment to accessibility
- Be in a park or public space and be sympathetic to, and appropriate for, the site and its environs
- Be free of charge for the public
- To deliver with minimal council support
- Go through the standard application process to secure the location to be used. This process and timelines can be found on our planning an event page
- Support for the themes from Council’s cultural strategy Creative Southwark
The work created must culminate in a live outdoor event. This could be:
- A parade
- An outdoor performance
- A festival
- Or a combination of all of the above
The venue(s) has not been identified but should be in a park or public space in Dulwich.
The key elements are that commissioned artists work with local groups and individuals and the commission must be able to be developed and delivered with minimal council officer support.
The full commissioning budget is £30,000. It has not been decided whether we will fund a few smaller projects or one large project.
For full details, dates and how to apply: www.southwark.gov.uk/dulwichevents