Spray Booth Painter/Operator, James Glancy Design
- Closes31st May 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformvisual arts
We are an established design company based in South East London. The company makes large scale decorations for both interior and exterior venues. Please see website for examples of our work jamesglancydesign.com.
We are looking for an experienced spray painter to take ownership of the spraybooth and carry out the majority of spray painting for production. They will work closely with the Workshop manager and Head of production to agree paint finishes and formulate plans for tackling tasks for multiple and varied projects. They will be responsible for maintaining the equipment and developing good working relationships with paint suppliers.
Key Tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Production to form the spray paint schedule and prioritise work.
- Work closely with project managers to complete tasks to an agreed target.
- Carry out and oversee adequate prep work of metalwork/timber before spray painting.
- Work closely with the Workshop manager to develop new painting techniques and finishes.
- Establish an efficient and organised operation for the spray booth with managers.
- Make sure all spray booth equipment is kept clean and organised to prolong its use.
- Oversee the organisation of the paint store/sink and make sure they remain tidy.
- Maintain stock levels of paint and consumable items. Place orders with the Operations manager when required.
- Oversee the signing out of stock paint to job codes.
- Establish and be an advocate of H & S procedures for the spray booth.
- Tidy, close and lock the paint spray booth at the end of the working day.
- Quality control – Make sure all paint work meets the standards outlined.
This is a Freelance position so a UTR is required or be prepared to register as Self Employed. All potential candidates must have a form of Public Liability Insurance in place. We provide an interesting environment and an opportunity to work within a friendly and exciting team. Standard working hours are 8AM – 4.15PM equating to an eight-hour day.
A minimum of 2 years of experience preferred.
15p/h – 18p/h