Assistant Orchestra and Platform Manager, Sage Gateshead
- Closes2nd July 2019
- LocationNorth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformmusic, Management
Overall purpose of the role
To assist the Orchestra Manager in the running of rehearsals and performances, while leading on the transportation and set-up of orchestral equipment for all Royal Northern Sinfonia activity.
Lead on the platform management for all orchestral rehearsals, concerts and recordings.
The post-holder will be required to attend all orchestral sessions (both internal and external), and to undertake the following associated duties:
- Draft stage plans for all forthcoming Royal Northern Sinfonia projects
- Manage and set-up orchestral equipment and instruments
- Manage the platform and any changes required
- Purchase and set up orchestral refreshments
Assist the Orchestra Manager in the smooth running of orchestral operations
- Booking of freelance players and maintenance of fixing lists
- Work with the Orchestra Manager regarding Health and Safety including risk assessments and noise risk assessments. Specific responsibility for taking decibel meter readings and collating information.
- Assisting in the recruitment of players and in the audition process.
Lead on the transportation of orchestral equipment to external venues as required.
- Book suitable vehicles for the transportation of instruments to external venues
- Ensure that all required orchestral equipment is loaded safely and securely onto the orchestral van for any external rehearsal, concert or recording.
- Plan routes and drive the orchestral van from/to any external venues.
Other duties and information.
- Regularly act as the Duty Orchestra Manager for full orchestra rehearsals, and for smaller scale chamber music projects
- Undertake relevant training if necessary, for First-Aid, Health and Safety, Manual Handling and other bespoke technical equipment training.
- To keep in close contact with other departments at Sage Gateshead, including Technical, Facilities and Building Service, to ensure smooth operations.
- To accept appropriate individual responsibility for the observance, promotion and implementation of Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality and Diversity, Dignity at Work and other policies with the Trust.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Orchestra Manager in line with the needs of the organisation.
To apply for this role please visit the Sage Gateshead Website, where you will find a full Job description and application form.