Finance Assistant - Arts, Arts Students Union
- Closes23rd June 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts
- ContactSara Mitchell email@example.com
About the job
A new finance team is being set up at Arts SU and you will play a key role in supporting the Union's plans to deliver a first rate finance service to our students and staff. This role will support the finance team and the Finance Manager by ensuring that all transactions are processed accurately, all income is billed and collected and payments and expenses are made on time and recorded correctly. The post holder will also be responsible for providing excellent customer service to staff and students in helping deal with finance queries and the administration of finances through electronic and manual systems. So we require someone with a hands-on, flexible approach.
The Finance Assistant will assist in preparation of reports and reconciliations. There will be some involvement with month/year end and annual budgets processes.
Who we are looking for
- Possess a professional financial qualification and/or be qualified by experience
- Have significant hands-on experience running a finance department in a small/medium-sized organisation
- Have experience in a commercial or other organisation beyond a Students’ Union environment.
- Be proactive in their approach and an advocate for sharing finance knowledge
- Be team orientated in approach and an ability to work with a diverse group of people including commercial staff, suppliers, and university finance teams
- Have a coaching/mentoring approach and the ability to provide support to both our student leaders and staff
- Have a proven track record in providing meaningful interpretation and analysis of financial information to inform business and performance decisions
- We are looking for someone with previous experience as a Finance Assistant, who is willing to learn and be developed
- Be able to demonstrate experience working within a finance
- The ideal candidate would be a conscientious and organised team player, who is able to use their own initiative to help deliver high quality service.
- Have strong excel and analytical skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Exchequer Accounting would be helpful but not essential
Want to apply?
To apply please complete our online application