Expression of Interest: SEND Schools Network Conference, Museum of London & National Gallery
- Closes20th June 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- ArtformOther, Architecture, Design
- ContactAvni Patel & Caroline Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
SENSING SPACE – WHY HERE?
SEND Network Conference, 14 September
For this years SEND network conference, the Museum of London and the National Gallery will explore, challenge and stretch the thinking around the future of sensory work with SEND School groups in cultural institutions.
- EXPLORE what the future of sensory practice and interventions could be like, inspired by buildings and architecture as well as collections.
- STRETCH our thinking on collaboration to diversify work practices to social mobility and employability for SEND groups
- CHALLENGE how we use music and movement for meaningful learning.
This conference is aimed at professionals working with SEND groups in cultural settings in Learning or Access to expand their toolkits and share practice. We also welcome SEND Teachers to be inspired and, as critical friends and advisors.
We are asking for expressions of interest to deliver facilitated sessions, workshops and presentations on the day of the Conference.
If you have experience in the following areas, we would love to hear from you.
- Teacher working in SEND with examples of social mobility/employability in SEND students which have come from collaboration
- Music/Performer/Dancer/Visual Artist/Teacher/Architect/Designer or other working on collaborative projects with disabled adults and, or young people
- Lived in experience of Neurodiversity or other disabilities and your experiences of working with cultural institutions
- Sensory or sense based researcher or practitioners working on new research
How to submit
Please submit one of the following, explaining your work and how it could contribute to this year’s theme and specification. Explain how you might facilitate or deliver a workshop session or give a presentation.
- 500 word (max) explanation and supporting visuals
- 3 minute video of you speaking and supporting visuals
We encourage expressions of interest from a wide range of people - if you would like to submit in another way, please contact us.
The deadline for submissions is 21st June, 5pm.
Please send to Avni Patel on Apatel@museumoflondon.org.uk and Caroline Smith email@example.com
We very much look forward to your submissions.