Call for Proposals: Aylesbury Artist Commission, Essex Cultural Diversity Project
- Closes31st July 2019
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactJo Nancarrow email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday 31 July 2019
Interviews: September 2019
Essex Cultural Diversity Project is currently calling for proposals for our next place-based artist commission, which will focus on Aylesbury. This commission is part of a three-year project, funded by the Rothschild Foundation, to create the confidence, experience and networks for the communities of Buckinghamshire to present and commission live performance.
For the first commission we are looking for an artist(s) or company to work with and within Aylesbury Library. The Libraries and Culture service is keen to explore new and different ways for people to experience libraries. Aylesbury Library reopened in January 2019 after an extensive refurbishment. Sitting in the town centre it is used by a large number of Buckinghamshire residents and includes a children’s library, study centre and meeting rooms/flexible spaces.
We are inviting inspiring creative project proposals from artists and companies that respond to the following aims:
- To improve equality of access to cultural activities and opportunities in Buckinghamshire via libraries
- To provide opportunities for creative practitioners from diverse backgrounds
- To engage and involve local communities, removing barriers to participation in the arts
The project should be bold, distinctive, relevant and excellent. It should also include an element of performance and create a legacy artwork for Aylesbury library and its users.
To find out more about the commission and how to apply, visit essexcdp.com