Project Manager: Art Fabrication, The White Wall Company
- Closes11th July 2019
- LocationLondon, Erith, Kent
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformvisual arts, Other, Sculpture fabrication
- ContactRobin Baker-Gibbs Robin@thewhitewall.co.uk
The White Wall Company is an art fabrication company. We create sculptures and exhibitions for some of the world’s most renowned contemporary artists and gallery spaces. We pride ourselves in our attentive project management and extensive understanding of materials and the creative process. The services we provide include CAD design and production drawing, woodwork, metalwork, fine paintwork, and a range of other fabrication methods, as well as executing complex deliveries and installations across a variety of sites.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a Project Manager who can work from a client’s initial design through to the fabrication and installation stages of a project. This includes overseeing or producing DWGs & drawings for the workshop team, liaising with structural engineers and subcontractors, monitoring budgets and material purchases, scheduling production and working alongside the Workshop Managers to ensure projects are fabricated to the agreed timescale and quality.
You will be supported by the Production Management and Project Management Supervisor and will need to work in close coordination with the other Project Managers and the fabrication teams.
• A minimum of 3 years project management
• Some practical experience of fabrication
• Knowledge and understanding of the Fine Arts & Design industry
• Ability to read & use engineer and architect drawings
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to analyse and mitigate risks
• High attention to detail
• Fluency with either Rhino or Solidworks
• CNC / laser fabrication