Stockroom Assistant, Royal Opera House
- Closes27th June 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
Permanent Contract, Full Time, 40 hours per week,
£24,515 per annum
The Royal Opera House’s aim is for many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. As the home of The Royal Ballet, The Royal Opera and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, we bring together the world’s most extraordinary ballet and opera artists in more than 500 performances every year: live events that thrill, move and excite, and that transport people to other worlds though music, dance and theatre.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stockroom Assistant to join our busy Costume Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Stockroom, assisting the Stockroom Supervisor in providing stock, fabric and trimmings to Costume Supervisors and staff, the role also involves efficient Stockroom administration ensuring that records are accurate and complete.
The ideal candidate will be a reliable, motivated individual who is able to demonstrate:
• BA/HND in costume and/or relevant experience in an equivalent arts organisation.
• Knowledge of suppliers of fabrics, haberdashery and general goods used in the production of opera and ballet costumes.
• Excellent IT skills, including a good understanding of Microsoft programmes.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, with an ability to deal calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation.
• Ability to prioritise workloads, to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency meeting agreed deadlines.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position is available below by logging in or creating an account. If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process please contact the HR Department via e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone on +44 (0)20 7212 9303.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
Closing Date for applications: 8:00am, Thursday 27th June 2019
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.