Call for artists, Lapworth Museum of Geology
- Closes1st July 2019
- LocationWest Midlands
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactLaura Milner firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Birmingham is delighted to announce two exciting opportunities for artists/ creative practitioners to create event-based work for Lapworth Lates, a series of evening events at the Lapworth Museum of Geology.
Enabling visitors to explore life over the past 3.5 billion years, the Lapworth showcases exceptional objects from one of the UK’s most outstanding geological collections.
Lapworth Lates aims to attract a different audience to the Museum, particularly young adults in their 20s and 30s, with an evening of activity which responds to the collections and offers fresh perspectives or new means of communicating ideas.
We are currently seeking applications from practitioners who are interested in responding creatively and linking to the theme of, ‘ADVENTURE’ for our next Lapworth Lates event on Thursday 15th August 2019 - we are open to proposals of all kinds.
The successful applicants will each receive a fee of £500 (including VAT) to include materials and/or production of the commission.
Applications are to be made by email to email@example.com with the subject Lapworth Lates. The deadline for applications is Monday 1st July 2019. Email attachments must not be larger than 5MB and should include a single PDF containing the following:
- Your name, contact details and website address (if you have one)
- An outline proposal which describes what kind of event-based work you would like to deliver and how this responds to the theme/the context of the Lapworth/related research (500 words max)
- An artist’s statement (200 words max)
- An up-to-date artist CV (3 pages max)
- Evidence of your current/recent practice in the form of up to 10 images or a direct link to a showreel of film and video work (maximum duration of 5 mins) uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo
We will conduct informal interviews on Tuesday 9th July, from 10am onwards. Please let us know when you apply if it will not be possible for you to attend on this day.
If you are interested in applying, but have further questions; please contact Cultural Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.