Childrens Art Tutor, Islington Arts Factory
- Closes22nd July 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactEleanor Pearce firstname.lastname@example.org
Islington Arts Factory is seeking a creative and dynamic individual to join our MakeArt programme of art classes and courses for young people.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team at this vibrant community arts centre, based in Holloway, north London.
The position is part time, teaching our regular Tuesday afternoon MakeArt class for children aged 7 - 11 years old. The class runs from 4.30 - 6pm with 30 minutes preparation time. The job will start in September, when we will start working towards our annual MakeArt Exhibition which opens to the public in December.
- An enthusiastic, open and friendly manner
- You must be a practising artist with a flair for passing on your skills.
- You will be able to work confidently in teaching the mediums of drawing, painting and sculpture.
- You must be confident in teaching up to 16 children solo.
- You will have at least one years experience of teaching young people in an arts environment.
- You will have the ability to work creatively within a basic budget for materials.
- You will have good timekeeping, communication and organisational skills.
- Applicants must have a current DBS certificate
Islington Arts Factory, a registered charity founded in 1977, is the only multi - arts community arts centre in Islington. We provide low cost access to the arts including courses in art, dance and music for children after school and during the holidays. We offer a range of courses for adult life long learners low cost space hire for amateur and professional groups. We have two galleries which offer a diverse rolling programme of exhibitions that are free to the public. Our programme is devised, directed and taught by practising professional artists with a flair for passing on their skills.
Please email a short cover letter, a current CV and examples of your work FAO Eleanor Pearce to email@example.com
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 5th August.