Chef, The Reader
- Closes23rd July 2019
- LocationNorth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactKate Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Rate of pay: £8.71 - £10.33 per hour, dependent on experience
Hours: minimum 20 hours per week on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours, Monday to Sunday.
About the Role:
The Chef will be flexible and hands on in all areas providing a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with the Reader’s ethos and vision, generating revenue and supporting our wider activity.
Our ideal candidate would have experience within a commercial kitchen/cafe environment with a keen interest and passion for food. You will be self-disciplined and able to produce food to a high standard with attention to detail. Experience in baking would be an advantage.
It is expected you will have responsibility for the overall daily operation of the café’s kitchen and catering processes being mindful of industry cost margins. You will need the practical skills to execute an interesting but simple menu and be capable of working alongside the Catering manager contributing to the development of innovative seasonal menus.
Current and relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificates are essential. You will work closely with the Social Enterprise team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
· Prepare and deliver all items offered on the menu
· Provide leadership to the staff team ensuring that best practice and required standards of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Legislation are fully adhered to at all times
· Ensure the café kitchen works in harmony with front of house at all times contributing to working relationships that enable customers to receive the care needed to benefit from and enjoy their visit.