General Maintenance Technician, Royal Court Theatre, London
- Closes29th July 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformliterature, theatre
Applications are invited for the post of: GENERAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Responsible to: THEATRE MANAGER
Supporting the Theatre Manager in the day-to-day upkeep of the theatre and its facilities, taking primary responsibility for carrying out routine, planned and emergency maintenance for the building and facilities.
This is a key role within the Theatre Management team, combining practical maintenance (basic carpentry and plumbing) with some administrative tasks and facilities support. It would ideally suit someone with operational / facilities support and / or practical maintenance experience who is looking for a part time role within a busy creative environment.
Supporting the Theatre Manager to uphold the theatre’s policies regarding health and safety and sustainability.
This role is ideally suited to someone with some carpentry and / or plumbing, security or facilities support experience looking for a part time role.
- Basic maintenance skills (eg plumbing and carpentry) and willingness to undertake practical maintenance tasks
- Practical and self-motivated with the ability to plan ahead and manage a varied task list.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to get on well with a wide range of people
- An attention to detail, particularly with regard to presentation and care for the upkeep of the working environment.
- Good team worker
- Approachable, enthusiastic and friendly - in person and on the phone.
- Confident in day-to-day use of operational systems (eg fire alarm & security)
- Basic administrative skills and computer literacy, including email, internet, word and excel
- Interest in theatre and previous experience working in a theatre environment an advantage
Please note that only applications submitted on the Royal Court’s standard Application Form can be considered, CVs are not accepted. Application Forms can be downloaded from: