Course Leader - BA (Hons) Acting for Stage and Screen, Performance Preparation Academy (PPA)
- Closes31st July 2019
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- ArtformOther, theatre, film, Education within the Arts
- ContactLouise Pieri email@example.com
Course Leader- Acting for Stage and Screen
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic teacher in Higher Education to lead and deliver our Acting for Stage and Screen (AfSaS) BA Hons and Diploma course on our 3 year programme to join the team at PPA.
As Course Leader you will be responsible for leading the course and to manage and work in a professional manner with all members of the Course Staff, providing guidance and direction to ensure a successful delivery of the course, modules and assessments within it. You will be responsible for module development and any modifications that will enhance the course further including all general course administration duties.
You will be responsible for providing clear communication of the course structure to the student body, module leaders, full time and freelance tutors in line with the student and module handbooks. You will work alongside and keep an ongoing dialogue with other Course Leaders, Head of Academic Studies and the senior management team within PPA and its Collaborative Partner.
Industry-specific experience, skills and knowledge required:
- You will be educated to degree level and will hold a recognised teaching qualification.
- Experience of working in Higher Education.
- Experience of teaching in acting for stage and screen.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the subject area, syllabus requirements and appropriate teaching techniques; an awareness of requirements of awarding bodies.
- Good IT, organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to make a contribution to the development of the curriculum and resources.
- A good work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate.
- A commitment to provide an outstanding and inspirational service to staff and students.
- A commitment to the organisation’s values, with a particular focus on student success (through excellence in teaching & learning).
- A proactive approach demonstrating an openness to change.