Zest Session Volunteer, Bright Shadow
- Closes10th August 2019
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time (voluntary worker)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactRebecca email@example.com
Bright Shadow’s mission is to enable people living with dementia, and those affected by it, to live well and to thrive. We are experts in creative activities designed specifically for people with dementia to enable self-expression, social interaction and active participation. We do this in a number of ways, including our trademark Zest sessions for people living with dementia in the community.
We offer a range of volunteer opportunities, and are particularly looking for someone to work with our Zest group in Hythe. This role is a wonderful opportunity to make a tangible impact on the lives of our participants by enabling those with more complex needs to continue engaging with this close-knit group.
You will become part of a friendly team offering support and guidance, so your positive attitude is more important to us than specific experience. We offer all volunteers dementia awareness and safeguarding training. You will need an enhanced DBS check, which we will carry out for you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. We will review applications on a rolling basis, so please apply promptly.
- To support artists and artist assistants in the delivery of creative sessions for people living with dementia, their family, friends and carers.
- To work directly with participants with complex needs, enabling them to engage with each session.
Post reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Hythe (and other opportunities in Whitstable, Canterbury and Dover)
Hours required: Thursdays 1:45-4:15pm