Communications and Creative Assistant, London School of Mosaic
- Closes24th July 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, photography, visual arts
- ContactDavid Tootill firstname.lastname@example.org
London School of Mosaic (LSoM) is a charity dedicated to the teaching mosaic studies to the widest cross-section of people possible. We train people school age to adult, from beginners to degree level and post-graduate, setting professional and creative standards of excellence. We are also involved in bringing back into use empty spaces around our school, so that artists and small start-up businesses have affordable space.
Supporting the smooth running of the office and studio: answering phone and emails, the door, greeting visitors and showing them around and documenting our activities visually. Communicating the various activities of LSoM with existing customers and growing our network through creative and innovative use of social media, press and our niche industry channels. The goal is to increase the quality of our communication output and through that to recruit students and maximise place take-up on both the diploma course and other short courses. To assist our team with all aspects of running the school, especially through representing the school at events, documenting (photo and film) our activities and administration of our courses.
Download the full job description
Skills and experience required:
- good photography and graphic design skills
- good IT skills and knowledge of social media (and SEO desired)
- Previous experience in a creative role such as in communications/marketing/graphic design or related, where candidate has produced visual and written content
- A personal interest in and/or previous work experience in the arts, crafts and architecture/design sectors is desirable
- An undergraduate degree in an art or design related subject
The position is for 3-4 days per week, with the potential to go full-time.
Interviews will take place on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th July.