Intern Gallery Assistant, Hanmi Gallery
- Closes21st July 2019
- TypeFull time (paid internship)
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactJenny Paszik firstname.lastname@example.org
Hanmi Gallery is looking for an enthusiastic individual on a temporary full-time basis with immediate start. The role will last until the end of October. This is a junior level position that would be an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or similar.
Hanmi Gallery is dedicated to advocating Korean and East Asian art to an international audience. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in an art gallery operation. The gallery space is planning to re-open this year, therefore the successful candidate will be able to participate in the preparation for the inaugural exhibition in Autumn.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has studied communication & design. Experience within the Art Industry or an art gallery would be an advantage.
- Designing and writing documentation for our exhibition, related PR and an upcoming publication
- Assistance with the planning of the inaugural exhibition and exhibition programme
- Updating and managing the Gallery's inventory and database
- Updating and managing the Gallery's social media and website
- General administrative tasks
- Visitor-facing support during the exhibition
- Fluent in English
- Design skills, with proficiency in Adobe software
- Interest in modern & contemporary art
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a small team and independently
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Knowledge of design software especially 3D programmes such as SketchUp
- Proficiency in Korean
The role will be spread over two locations: Wimbledon and Fitzrovia.