Community Board Members, Inspire Culture, Learning and Libraries
- Closes26th July 2019
- LocationEast Midlands
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformcrafts, dance, film, libraries, literature, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactKatharine Say firstname.lastname@example.org
Passionate about culture, learning and libraries? Join our board and help us deliver the best cultural and learning offer to the people of Nottinghamshire.
We have places for TWO community board member and are seeking nominations from Inspire members to stand for election. We have ambitious plans for the future and we're looking for committed, enthusiastic people who can bring their own creativity and expertise to help lead Inspire.
We are particularly seeking people to contribute to the following areas:
- Engagement - helping us to truly become a membership organisation
- Fundraising & Grant Seeking - supporting us in raising additional funds to make a difference
- Financial Management - supporting us to improve in the management of our funding
- Volunteering - helping us to become a great organisation to volunteer with
You will be required to attend Board meeting (usually quarterly) held throughout Nottinghamshire and asked to join Board sub-committees. You will also join the Board on its annual away day and be invited to attend some of Inspire's fantastic range of cultural events around Nottinghamshire. You will be appointed for three years.
So, if you can offer us your time and commitment, then please write a short manifesto, of no more than 250 words, setting out why you should be elected to Inspire's Board. Election forms are available from any of Inspire's libraries or Archives, or apply online here.
Closing date: Midnight, Fri 26 July 2019
Your statement, alongside that of other candidates, will be published to Inspire's 66,000 members, who will have the opportunity to vote between Friday 2 Aug and Fri 30 August 2019. The successful candidate will be elected to the Board at the Inspire AGM on Thurs 17 Oct 2019.
If you would like to talk about the role please contact Katharine Say on 0115 804 4449 or email email@example.com to arrange a call with Peter Gaw, Chief Executive of Inspire.