Operations Assistant, Levy Gorvy London
- Closes13th September 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformmuseums, visual arts, Other, galleries
- ContactKatie Holroyd email@example.com
Reporting to the Director of Operations, London, the gallery Operations Assistant handles all artwork movement, packing and installs/de-installs for viewings, exhibitions and art fairs. They are responsible for the accurate and comprehensive record of all London inventory including location (gallery and offsite storage facilities), artwork condition and framing. They assist the Director of Operations with shipping, art fairs and maintenance of the gallery database.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally pack/unpack and install artworks for exhibitions, art fairs, viewings, clients and storage;
- Ensure artworks are ready for pickup and delivery with the correct paperwork;
- Coordinate local transport of artworks for collections and deliveries;
- Conduct in-house condition reports for all in-coming inventory; and book professional conservators for condition reports, assist as required and update server systems;
- Book artwork photographers to ensure art works are photographed to the gallery standard, prepare works and gallery space for photography and assist photographer as required, update Artbase and server systems with images;
- Oversee the gallery technical storage space;
- Research equipment and installation for works with technical specifications and prepare artwork care, installation and handling instructions;
- Assist the Operations Director with shipping and customs documentation when required;
- Assist the Operations Director with local and international shipping as needed;
- Assist the Operations Director with coordination of London-run art fairs;
- Maintain gallery database with changes in art work locations, insurance and technical details;
- Ensure high standard of artwork care and handling by freelancers or contractors.
- Perform daily checks of the gallery to ensure all lighting, paintwork and general appearance is maintained to a high standard.
Experience of handling fragile and sensitive artworks of varying complexity in different environments is essential.
Knowledge of packing materials and methods for artworks of various kinds for storage and transport.
Knowledge of Fine Art conservation, e.g. preventive methods, materials, or experience conducting condition reports.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high end gallery, museum or art industry alternative.
Current clean driver's license
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org