Accounts Assistant, Creative Juice
- Closes9th September 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, theatre, visual arts, Other
Creative Juice is a not-for-profit organisation set up to offer support services to individuals, companies and charities operating in the cultural sector. As the organisation grows, we are now looking to recruit a part-time Accounts Assistant to join our busy team.
The Accounts Assistant will work with the Production Accountant and the Directors to deliver accountancy and bookkeeping services to our many clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, logging and securing authorisation for purchase invoices
- Raising sales invoices, matching remittances and completing credit control
- Setting-up bank payments for authorisation
- Securing and logging reconciliations for bank transactions, credit cards and petty cash floats
- Preparing timesheets and payroll payments for authorisation
- Responding to queries from clients’ employees and suppliers
While previous experience of bookkeeping and the accounting package Xero is desirable, our ideal candidate would:
- Be conscientious with an excellent eye for detail
- Be eager to learn new skills and be a fast learner
- Be a good communicator with excellent written skills
- Be personable and capable of providing professional service to our clients
- Enjoy working with numbers and gain satisfaction from a job well done
- Be comfortable working with computers and multiple software packages
Initially, this position will be the equivalent of two days per week although, if agreeable to all parties, there is the potential for the number of regular hours to increase in the future. We strive to be a flexible employer and would be happy to discuss preferred working days/hours with the right candidate. There will be the opportunity for training and ongoing professional development in this role.
The salary offered is £24,000 pro rata. The role will be based at our office in Oval. For more information and details of how to apply, please visit our website.