Set/Costume Designer - Rural Tour of A Christmas Carol, The Keeper's Daughter
- Closes11th September 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactMark Finbow email@example.com
The Keeper’s Daughter seeks a theatre designer to design and create a brand new small-scale, malleable and durable set for a rural tour of A Christmas Carol. The show will tour to a range of found spaces including Village Halls, Churches and Arts Centres.
Pre-Production: Part-time from October.
Rehearsals: 18th - 29th November
Tour: November 29th - December 22nd
Fee: In line with Equity Rates.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the director to design an imaginative small-scale touring set
- Taking the lead on the design and creation of the set for this small scale show
- Purchasing/hiring/making costume and props
The designer will ideally have:
- Experience of small-scale rural touring
- The ability to create an atmospheric set on a budget of approximately £700
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team
- A huge imagination
- Knowledge of the arts scene in East Anglia
- A base in or near Norwich
This is a self-employed position. We encourage applications from artists living within Norfolk or Suffolk. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and life experiences.
To apply: Please send a CV, images of previous theatre work and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to Mark Finbow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest end at 5pm on Wednesday 11th September.
A Christmas Carol is supported using public funding by Arts Council England.