On Yer Bike - Artist Call Out, Theatre Deli
- Closes30th August 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, Other, interactive, immersive
- ContactTheatre Deli & Will Orton firstname.lastname@example.org
On Yer Bike is a cycling theatrical adventure across London, showcasing five exciting new pieces of work inspired by cyclists, bikes and #cyclinglife. Taking place on Sunday, 22nd September, this opportunity is a part of Theatre Deli’s Scratch Residencies Scheme and a co-production between William Orton and Theatre Deli.
We are now accepting applications from theatre makers, companies and artists with a passion for cycling to create new pieces of work, and to get audiences excited about exploring and playing on the streets of London. If you have a story about cycling to tell, want to make theatre on bikes or even make theatre out of bikes, we want to hear from you.
Deli Scratches are an exciting new format of sharing the beginnings of fresh experimental work in a collaborative way. The process will include a residency week between 16-21 September, with a tech and performance on 22 September.
As part of On Yer Bike you will be offered:
- A mentored residency that will allow you to audience-test experimental ideas
- 100% subsidised rehearsal space at Theatre Deli - The Old Library. All artists will be able to choose their own rehearsal times between 16th and 21st September.
- Collaboration and networking with other artists
- 10 to 15 minute sharing of your work in front of a welcoming audience.
- Mentoring sessions with Theatre Deli’s Producer - pre, during and an evaluation session to soundboard and feedback about your work
- Expenses grant of £50 per company/artist (we are currently waiting to hear back regarding sponsorship which will increase the expenses grant).
- Collated audience feedback. Deli Scratches shows receive an average of 85% completed audience feedback forms that provide a valuable resource for future development.
- Facilitation of research meetings with South London cycle shops and local bike mechanics.
We are particularly interested in application from underrepresented artists, including BAMER and LGBTQAI+ theatremakers. Previous experience of devising, interactive and/or immersive work is necessary for this project.
To apply and for further details see- https://www.theatredeli.co.uk/on-yer-bike-applications
Applications close on Friday 30th August, at 1pm.