Theatre Production Accountant, Nyman Libson Paul
- Closes30th September 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- ContactCharlotte Smith email@example.com
We are looking for an accounting senior to join our specialist theatre production accounting team, which services a variety of theatrical and live entertainment productions, ranging from large West End musicals, plays, immersive experiences and touring companies both in the UK and globally.
Ideally this would suit a recently or newly qualified accountant with an interest in and passion for theatre and live entertainment.
• Preparation of four weekly production accounts for a variety of touring and stand alone productions
• Calculation of four weekly royalty payments to creative team, licensing and fixed fees
• Distributions to investors including return of capital and profit shares
• Regular liaison with and reporting to General Managers, Producers and Investors
• Preparation of supporting documentation for Theatre Tax Credit claims and for submission to HMRC
• Preparation of statutory financial statements for submission to Companies House
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Certification of figures for investors
• FEU (foreign entertainers unit) applications and returns
• CT61 withholding tax returns
• Preferably qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA – or exceptionally qualified by experience
• Excellent bookkeeping skills with a high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to organise own work and to supervise work of junior members of the team
• Ability to work to deadlines
• IT skills to include Quickbooks and Excel (and preferably Xero and/or Caseware)
• Knowledge and experience of preparing statutory financial statements
• Good working knowledge of VAT
• Preferably an extra curricular interest in theatre and live performance
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please be advised that approaches from agencies or via any other media will not be considered.