Assistant Programme Coordinator - Semester Courses, Sotheby's Institute of Art, London
- Closes20th September 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts, museums, visual arts
The Assistant Programme Coordinator will be part of the administrative team led by the Semester Programmes Manager. The person in this role will participate in coordinating the day to day running of the semester courses.
As well as serving as a first point of contact for students and lecturers, the Assistant Coordinator will need to liaise with administrative departments including Front Office, Admissions, Library, IT, Finance, Student Support, Careers Services and the Registrar. They will also work closely with their team colleagues to provide a shared and consistent administrative service support to students and staff alike.
The Assistant Coordinator works closely with the Semester Programmes Manager, the Semester Programmes Leaders and the Semester Programmes Coordinator to develop, maintain and apply processes and systems to enable the successful running and eventual growth of these courses.
This role requires a high level of service and covers a variety of responsibilities in the areas of organization, communication, co-ordination, student assessment and examination, student support, and budget control.
- Experience in an administrative role (preferably Higher Education or a Museum/Gallery setting)
- Some experience using and maintaining an Online Learning Platform or Database
- Evidence of working well within a team and strong organisational, planning and project management skills
- High attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and with the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Be IT proficient with competent use of Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and, following relevant training and support, with CAMS (Institute student database) and CANVAS (Institute Virtual Learning Environment)