- Closes1st October 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformmuseums, visual arts
- ContactAlexander Caspari firstname.lastname@example.org
Encounter was founded in 2013 as a sustainable alternative to the traditional gallery model. We run an international ‘moving’ exhibition program curating academically rigorous and immersive projects. We work closely with a core group of leading emerging and established contemporary artists helping to develop their practices through creative projects, critical exposure and sales.
More info: www.encountercontemporary.com
This is a really exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a fast-growing arts organisation at a crucial stage in its development. This multifaceted freelance role is ideal for a creative and proactive individual who thrives on results and delivering ambitious projects to the highest possible standard.
Fees + Contract
Fees in range of £23,000 - £25,000 pro rata (dependant on experience). There is also additional potential for commission.
Freelance Fixed Term Contract
- Educated to at least BA level.
- Proven experience in contemporary art industry (ideally gallery, advisory/consultancy auction house, artist studio).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Experience working directly with artists and collectors.
- Existing contacts within art industry.
- Ability to work in In-Design or similar
- Sales support including; responding to email + social media enquiries, designing bespoke catalogues and sales packs.
- Prospective client research and contact list building in targeted sectors including Museums + Private Collections/Foundations and Interior Designers + Property Developers
- Generating artist opportunities and sales leads through introductory emails and client outreach.
- Management, maintenance and content production for the website.
- Designing and delivering regular and targeted newsletters and sales campaigns and event invitations.
- Developing instagram following by scheduling regular and targeted visual content.
- Supporting the Director at meetings, exhibitions, fairs and events.
- Artist Liaison.
- Artist Research.
- Co-ordinating the shipping and installation of artworks from artists studios to exhibitions, fairs and clients in the UK and internationally.
- Maintaining an up to date inventory of artists available work.
- Overseeing consignment agreements with artists and galleries.
- Creating and submitting invoices and certificates of authenticity for sold works.
- Management and maintenance of contact database.