Theatre Manager, East 15 - University of Essex
- Closes29th September 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, theatre, visual arts
East 15 Acting School is a top-ranked conservatoire school which consistently scores over 90% for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2017. Part of the University of Essex, East 15 was recently rated one of the top three for Drama and Dance in both the Times Good University Guide and the Guardian University Guide 2018 and voted number one for Diversity in The Stage. We are committed to excellence in education and research.
Duties of the Role
- Act as Front of House Manager and Box Office Manager: recruiting and managing student staff members; ensuring a safe and pleasant experience for the general public attending productions / events; selling and distributing tickets; running post-show finance reports;
- Liaise with Estates and the Students Union to ensure that there is adequate service provision for Corbett productions and events
- To work with the Director of School to consider ways to utilise the theatre facility to grow income for the School.
- Support the Marketing Officer by leading on the marketing for internal and external productions and the school's social media campaign
- To oversee Summer Schools that take place on the Loughton Campus
- Creation of programmes for student productions
- Work with Theatre Manager at Clifftown in the management of the Spectrix Box Office System
- Assist with the organization and running of school-wide events such as Open Days, Welcome Week and Farewell ceremonies
- General Administration for the department as required.
Skills and qualifications required
In order to be successful you must hold a Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. The applicant should be able to demonstrate recent administrative experience in a challenging and varied role. They should be experienced in dealing with customers with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to thrive in a busy working environment. They should be able to work independently, as well as part of a small team. The need to have strong attention to detail and be able to work to deadlines.
To view the full job description and steps on how to apply, please click on the following link: https://bit.ly/2kHDoZB