Art Club Leader & Art Teacher, art-K Fulham Ltd
- Closes18th October 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformcrafts, visual arts, Other, Design
- ContactEmily Harper firstname.lastname@example.org
Art-K teaches art to adults and children 6-16. We create a fun, quirky atmosphere to enable children to grow creatively. Each club runs the art-K programme, putting the student’s artistic development at the centre of our focus. Each club operates from a permanent art-K studio.
Due to continual expansion in South London, we are looking for our next recruitment of Art Teachers. Approximately 50% of time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% into preparing for the classes, 25% to admin and promotion.
The successful applicant will be given full training in the teaching and business techniques and be closely supported by the art-K team. There are 9 other art-K employees (each in their own art studio) who support each other and work together regularly.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work with high teacher-pupil ratios, teaching children who are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing a small business.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on marketing from Emily, the Managing Director, to understand how to engage with the pupils efficiently and effectively.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn and other employees on new ideas.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
Salary: part base salary and part performance related varying with the number of children acquired and retained. Subject to frequent reviews. Our aim is to reward our employee as quickly as possible whilst remaining in line with the growth of the company.
Start times around 10am daily.
To apply: please submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate.
Location: SW6 2DA
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hour week
Salary: £22,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year