Creative Studios Designer, Royal Opera House
- Closes17th October 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts
The Royal Opera House leads the way in opera, ballet and music live on stage and through digital platforms, from live streaming and social media to worldwide cinema screenings. The work of our Audiences and Media team focuses on growing the love, advocacy and demand for the art presented by the Royal Opera House, so that we can grow our audience-generated revenues.
We are looking for a Designer to join the Creative Studios team, specialising in editorial design, digital design and Photoshop work. You will be working with departments across the Royal Opera House on a range of print and digital materials, from short form to content heavy material. Working as part of the design team and in consultation with other stakeholders, you will deliver a coherent visual identity, which is aligned to our brand and target audiences, across all assigned projects.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player, able to demonstrate:
• Ability to demonstrate a track record and portfolio of artwork for a range of design briefs
• Thorough working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including excellent advanced InDesign and Photoshop skills
• Extensive experience in and creative flair for typography and editorial design, and ability to generate design ideas and creative solutions working with tight project constraints
• Ability to fulfil a creative brief working in a busy office and to deliver high quality work when under pressure
• Able to engage effectively with different teams and departments to understand their needs when following up on a project brief
• Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website.
Interview candidates will be asked to bring a portfolio or examples of their design work. You may also provide on line links to examples of your work in your application.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00am, Thursday, 17 October 2019
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK