Acting Teacher, The Acting Space
- Closes28th November 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactKatherine Edrupt email@example.com
We are looking for passionate and inspiring freelance acting tutors to join our team, teaching weekly group adult acting classes in various London locations. Successful candidates will be provisionally contracted for the Spring Term 2020 to cover maternity leave, with the possibility of further work as the company grows plus any cover work that becomes available.
£50 per 1.5 hour session
Roles and Responsibilities
- To deliver weekly evening acting classes for beginners aged 18+
- To teach a pre-planned 12-week course on a specific genre of acting, resulting in a small end of term showcase.
- To sign up new members at class and on occasion, take payments.
Skills and experience
- Must have a degree or equivalent in acting, directing or theatre studies
- Must have a current valid DSB certificate.
- Must have drama teaching experience, adult teaching a bonus
- An ideal candidate will have a sufficient level of knowledge in subjects such as Contemporary drama, Improvisation, Stanislavski, Shakespeare, American Theatre, Restoration, Devising and Comedy.
- Must be able to work with a pre-planned lesson structure but also the ability to adapt lesson plans on the spot and add your own creative ideas where possible.
- A passion for passing on your knowledge and wisdom
- A calm, patient and understanding demeanour
- Must have a fun and positive attitude and a love of working with people from all walks of life!
Please send CVs and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If successful, you will be invited to attend a workshop audition on Sunday 8th December.