Head of Stage, English National Opera
- Closes22nd November 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- Artformtheatre, music, Opera
- ContactPeople Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head of Stage is a senior manager in the Technical Department and is responsible and accountable for the overall short and long term planning of the Stage Department. This department facilitates, to the highest standards, all scenic and flown aspects of a production as well as managing and co-ordinating the technical stage staff. He/she is also responsible for the operational running of the stage area, assessing the needs and priorities of all productions and departments. The Head of Stage will provide quality leadership for the department. He/she will have proven technical ability, a positive and professional attitude, and maintain a positive health and safety culture. They are accountable and responsible for achieving the demands of the Repertory by utilising the resources available to him/her in the most effective manner.
- To assess and report on future ENO artistic plans (18 months to 2 years ahead), providing costs as necessary, and recommending any technical modifications or schedule changes in order to achieve the artistic vision.
- To plan, schedule and co-ordinate all aspects of the department's work, liaising closely with the Crew Chief, Production Office and other Technical Departments
- To assess the Company's future plans and define cost, staffing needs, time and practical implications of realising the Company's vision.
- To ensure the provision of a safe working environment and promoting a positive safety culture within the stage department, adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety policy, rules and regulations at all times.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A proven track record in technical management with a major producing venue or organisation.
- Proven experience of positive team leadership with the ability to listen, counsel, give guidance, and lead by example.
- Excellent technical skills with a thorough understanding of stage technologies.
- Understanding of artistic aims and objectives in a producing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation including CDM 2015 LOLER, PUWER, risk assessment and working at height.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.eno.org/about/careers/vacancies/head-of-stage/