Teachers of guitar, drums, bass or keyboard, Greenwich Music School
- Closes22nd November 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactEd Scolding firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday mornings during term time (36 weeks a year), in Kidbrooke, from Spring 2020 (likely April start). Rock & pop focus. The ability to teach multiple instruments from the list above, plus singing, is desirable. Teaching is likely to include some individual tuition, some band teaching, and some groups of beginners aged from 7. The ability to develop your own curriculum and lesson plans based on a given outline, and in collaboration with other teachers, is important.
We are looking for inspiring, experienced teachers to join our team!
We value our teachers very highly and work hard to create the conditions to allow them to teach to the best of their ability, to enjoy teaching, and to continue learning.
Positions are self-employed, hours are by agreement and based during term time, with some additional holiday teaching by agreement.
Remuneration: including holiday entitlement, an hourly rate of £30.30 for individual tuition, £33.30 for group tuition.
We are looking for teachers who:
• have at least a degree or equivalent in music
• have significant relevant teaching experience (PLEASE INDICATE THIS IN YOUR CV)
• are passionate about teaching, and about making music
• can inspire, challenge and encourage students
• create a positive, relaxed learning environment
• are self-motivated and organised
• will take advantage of being part of Greenwich Music School, sharing ideas with other tutors and engaging with the other courses and projects
• are committed to continuing professional development through training and engagement in professional dialogue.
• are in tune with our work and ethos - see http://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/about/
Greenwich Music School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all tutors, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS Enhanced check and proof of public liability insurance will be required before work is offered.
All applications will be considered equally.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter (outlining your most relevant experience and interest in GMS) to email@example.com