Collections Manager - Research and Cultural Collections, University of Birmingham
- Closes24th November 2019
- LocationWest Midlands, Birmingham
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- ContactAnna Young email@example.com
The University of Birmingham’s Research and Cultural Collections (RCC) is comprised of more than 26,000 artefacts that are housed across the Edgbaston, Selly Oak and Stratford campuses. The collections and their museum service are granted full Museum Accreditation by Arts Council England (ACE).
The Collections Manager – Research and Cultural Collections will oversee the management and care of the collections in order to support teaching, research and public activity related to the collections at the University of Birmingham. The post holder has a duty to make these collections available to a wide range of diverse internal and external stakeholders through supporting display, research, teaching, events and digital platforms. The post holder is responsible for:
• Overseeing the day-to-day care and management of the Research and Cultural Collections (RCC) including legal and compliance aspects of Collections Management
• Providing expert advice in all areas of Collections Management and Care
• Practical planning, organisation and record management of approximately 26,000 artefacts
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Grade 6 Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511 to £30,046, with potential progression once in post to £33,797
Full Time - Permanent
Closing date - 24th November 2019
Please note, interviews are scheduled for 4th December 2019.