PR Assistant (Freelance), World Photography Organisation
- Closes30th December 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformphotography, visual arts
- ContactInbal Mizrahi firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reply with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role email@example.com
Deadline for application: Monday 30 December 2019
Interviews: w/c 6 January 2020
The World Photography Organisation is looking to hire a competent and reliable PR Assistant to join its press team for a 4 month freelance contract starting January 2020.
Based in its central London office, the PR Assistant will support the PR Director and Press Officer to deliver the domestic and international media campaigns for the 2020 edition of the Sony World Photography Awards, including the prestigious 2020 exhibition at Somerset House.
Candidates should have solid experience of working in a press team and should be highly organised, confident and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written English is essential to the role.
The position is an important supporting role, and will be most suited to someone wishing to gain experience of working on large-scale international media campaigns.
Under the direction of the PR Director, the key responsibilities of the PR Assistant will include:
- Writing press releases and related press materials
- Handling media enquiries
- Proactive contacting of UK and international media
- Generation of media coverage with the support of the press team
- Maintaining press databases
- Collating press coverage
- Maintaining online press centre
- Administration assistance
- Minimum 6 months experience of working in-house or agency in a PR position. This can include long-term work experience or paid roles
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in art and photography is preferred
Please note, this is a freelance position.
Employment dates: 4 days a week (Mon – Thu) from Monday 20 January – Thursday 7 May 2020 inclusive (66 days total)
Rate: £70 per day
APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN THE UK. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK FROM THE LONDON OFFICE 4 DAYS A WEEK.