Governors/Trustees, The Place
- Closes10th January 2020
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformdance, interdisciplinary arts, theatre
The Place (Contemporary Dance Trust Limited), London’s creative powerhouse for dance development, has been leading the way in dance education, creation and performance for 50 years. In a changing landscape, our vision for the future remains steadfast: we are powering imagination through dance, championing new ideas, embracing risks and creating optimal conditions for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their full potential. The Place is home to London Contemporary Dance School, Richard Alston Dance Company, an extensive theatre and artist development programme, education projects, a range of classes and courses and a nationwide touring model.
The Place is looking for outstanding people to join the governing body and work with the senior executive team to achieve the ambitions set out in Business Plan and Vision 2029. Following a skills audit and review process, several areas of expertise have been identified.
- A finance expert – a finance director or deputy finance director with practical experience of producing management or statutory accounts. Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions in the commercial or charitable sectors would also be helpful.
- Knowledge of commercial property or inner-city regeneration.
- Experience of secondary and/or further education in the UK with particular reference to widening access and participation.
- Fundraising expertise with a proven record in delivering six-figure sums and above.
We are particularly interested to hear from BAME candidates and mid-career professionals looking to gain Board experience as we strive to achieve the same diversity amongst our Board members that we see amongst our students, staff, artists and audiences.
For further details and a candidate pack, please visit https://www.theplace.org.uk/governorstrustees-0.
Salary: Governors are not remunerated but reasonable travel expenses will be paid
Deadline for Applications: 10 Jan 2020 at midday
Interviews will be held: w/c 20 and 27 Jan 2020
The Place, 17 Duke’s Road, London WC1H 9PY