Project manager: Back in the Closet, LGBT Foundation, House Proud and GMCA
- Closes13th December 2019
- LocationNorth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts
- ContactJulie McCarthy email@example.com
Greater Manchester Combined Authority, House Proud and LGBT Foundation are working together to explore the lack of LGBT visibility in retirement schemes and care settings.
Many LGBTQ residents feel unable to disclose their sexual orientation or gender identity to staff and other residents and this project will look at reasons for this, the impact on residents, staff and visitors and the positive changes that could be made to increase diversity in these settings. Four artists/ creative practitioners will deliver individual artist residencies in 4 retirement schemes and work with both staff and residents to explore this theme.
We are looking for an experienced, freelance project manager to coordinate the delivery of this project. You will have an understanding of LGBT issues and will preferably have experience of working with older people in residential settings.
The aim of the residencies is to explore LGBT people’s experiences of moving into and living in one of these schemes, older LGBT identities and potentially the small changes that can make these environments more inclusive and you will be required to work with project partners, artists and participants.
The role will include:
- coordination of artist selection with participating retirement schemes and other project partners
- liaison with artists to programme sessions
- liaison with retirement schemes to recruit participants
- coordination of monitoring and evaluation (working to a pre-existing evaluation framework)
- jointly coordinating the induction session for artists in collaboration with the LGBT Foundation
- jointly coordinating the sharing day with GMCA and House Proud
- co-ordinating the production of an online publication as an output of the project.
- monitoring and reporting on the project budget to GMCA.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a single PDF containing the following:
- A CV outlining your project management experience
- A short statement outlining your understanding/ experience of LGBT issues and your experience and understanding of creative practice with older people.
Please submit your application to: Julie.McCarthy@Greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk
Please read the full brief here before submitting an applicaiton: http://tiny.cc/ihf1gz
Fee: 15 days at £200 per day (£3,000)