Writer/Editor, Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI)
- Closes16th December 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
This is a remarkable opportunity to play a key part in a rapidly expanding global ideas and education platform, the Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI).
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our team as a Writer for the IAI and as an Editor of IAI News. The successful applicant will play an important part in driving the ongoing growth and success of our digital ideas and philosophy magazine, IAI News. Our current weekly international audience is in the tens of thousands for IAI News and monthly audience in the hundreds of thousands for IAI as a whole. We are recruiting for this position at a critical point in our growth ahead of a new phase of our digital strategy at the start of 2020.
- Generating ideas for IAI News’s editorial themes and content
- Commissioning high quality articles in line with our editorial schedule and priorities.
- Copy editing and publishing author contributions
- Publicity and Marketing for IAI News
- Writing content across the IAI’s output, including website copy, press releases, articles and marketing copy.
The successful candidate will need demonstrate both excellent journalistic and copy writing skills and an impressive grasp of the current intellectual landscape. They will need a strong working knowledge of current affairs, a broad range of intellectual interests and proven interest in big ideas and our editorial content. Experience in journalism and an excellent academic background are inevitably essential.
If you think you have what it takes, submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with ‘Writer/Editor’ as the subject heading. The deadline for applications is Sunday 28th October but we reserve the right to make appointments early if we find the right candidate sooner.
Click here to apply for this role.