Primary Music Teacher Coach, Ark Schools
- Closes13th December 2019
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactEmma Grimsey firstname.lastname@example.org
Musical learning is unparalleled in its ability to stimulate personal, emotional and intellectual development, unlock creativity and motivate social change. Given the right conditions, we believe every child can be a musician, and enjoy improved life chances as a result.
Our approach gives pupils the chance to engage with music from a breadth of traditions and cultures as performers, composers and critical listeners. This develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours they need both to succeed academically and to enjoy music for their whole lives.
We specialise in training and mentoring primary school teachers, helping them to acquire the knowledge, skills and tools they need to teach music effectively and with confidence.
Our model pairs each teacher with a Primary Music Specialist who works with them in their classroom, coaching them to develop their practice and ensuring learning is tailored to their needs and the needs of their pupils.
By placing the class teacher at the forefront of delivery, we can ensure musical learning is embedded into the fabric of our schools and that every child has the opportunity to enjoy a life enriched by music.
We are now seeking to grow the team of Primary Music Specialists who support our work.
The ideal candidate will:
- possess a kind, supportive and nurturing approach to teaching
- have training or experience of the Kodaly method
- have demonstrable experience in the training and coaching of adults to significantly improve their practice.
- be an outstanding practitioner in the primary phase, in a whole class setting with a particular emphasis on singing.
Phone Interviews will take place over the next month and successful applicants will be invited to an asssesment day on Monday 16th December.