- Closes20th December 2019
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactRobert Liddiment email@example.com
Carlos/Ishikawa is looking for a full-time registrar.
You would be responsible for the maintenance of the gallery inventory database (Artlogic) which includes:
- Creating records for all new artworks
- Upkeep of location and shipping information
- Maintaining complete records for provenance and exhibition history
- Monitoring and creating all loan and consignment agreements, including overseeing the delivery and safe return of artworks and liaising with museums and galleries to negotiate terms.
- Creating and distributing Certificates of Authenticity as required
- Chasing and filing all proof of export/import documentation and keeping the export deadlines calendar up to date.
The preparation of sold artworks:
- Responsible for checking and filing incoming and outgoing shipment receipts and release forms
- Working with gallery director to determine best packing and handling procedures and communicate requirements to shipping companies and clients
- Conduct incoming and outgoing condition inspections producing full PDF reports
- Responsible for wrapping and preparing sold artworks to be shipped
All gallery logistics:
- Coordination of all domestic and international shipping for exhibitions, art fairs, clients and in-house
- Organizing on-site and off-site storage, and ensuring adequate insurance coverage
- Provide shipping and crating estimates for exhibition budgets
- Responsible for understanding customs and tax regulations and requirements for shipping artworks internationally
- Arrange shipments for clients and artist studios, providing packing and handling requirements
We are seeking someone who is:
- Dedicated, highly organized, calm, punctual, systems-oriented and a problem-solver
- Takes initiative, follows through on projects, manages time and tasks well and stays calm under pressure
- Willing to undertake basic and complex tasks with equal diligence, you’ll also have good attention to detail with the ability to work confidently with budgets.
- A minimum of 2 years experience at a gallery, museum, artist studio or fine art shipping company with experience in the above listed responsibilities
Strong candidates will have proficiency in most of the following: MAC computers, Microsoft Office, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, ArtLogic.